Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Change in Personal Lifestyle

So Tuesday, like so many other people these days, I was laid off from my day job. It was a complete shock; I had been there over nine years and could picture myself retiring there. Given the economy and the unusual nature of my day job, my husband and I both expect I will be out of work for at least the rest of the year. Thus, I'm looking at a change of lifestyle.

I had been planning a vacation for the week of July 4th, and I was quite in need of one. So rather than stress, I decided to make this week a vacation week and not worry about job hunting. I went to the beach, the pool at the Y, took lots of naps, took walks, and all that relaxing stuff. And I was able to list a LOT of books, which was very satisfying. I expect to be able to list many more books than I could before even with job hunting, and I'm excited about that even if I'm not thrilled at the reason.

I've been listing only new books lately because of a 6/30/09 change for sellers uploading to Google. We will have to code all of our items as new or used. I'm hoping we will be able to edit en masse, in which case it will be easier if most everything is one or the other, and I picked new.

I also set up a Twitter account this week to send tweets as books are listed: http://twitter.com/buythebookcvcom


NEW THIS WEEK AT http://www.buythebook.com/

Paranormal
Cheyenne McCray Magic series in paperback
Jacquelyn Frank's Nightwalker series in paperback
Hot Spell anthology by Emma Holly, Lora Leigh, Shiloh Walker, and Meljean Brook
Hot Blooded-rare large print hardcover-Christine Feehan, Emma Holly, Angela Knight, Maggie Shayne
Mystery/Thriller
The In Death series by JD Robb (Nora Roberts) in paperback
The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters, first hardcover edition

Contemporary Romance
The Love Potion by Sandra Hill
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas, first hardcover edition signed (I also have unsigned)

Fantasy
The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop - 3 in 1

No comments:

Post a Comment